Our beautiful wedding hair accessories & bridesmaids gifts. Use code BRIDETOBE for 20% off >>>
We were lucky enough to be booked on a wedding near La Rochelle and Île de Ré so I took a couple of days to take a whistle stop tour of the area. After a quick shout out on Facebook, friend’s recommended a visit to Île de Ré and I’m so glad we did. It’s a tiny island about a 25 minute drive from La Rochelle over an impressive bridge. It’s an idyllic place, reminding me of St Barts with pretty beach villages and small harbours surrounded by fish restaurants and small boutiques.
La Rochelle is also very cute, a small city built around a 10th Century harbour. Easy to navigate with pedestrianised shopping streets, a sweet market and lots of restaurants and bars.
Here were our favourite things to do:
1. taking endless pictures of the holly hocks growing wild over Ile De Re. Please can someone ask me to do a shoot there?!
2. A seafood supper in St Martin de Re’s harbour. Epic prawns never to be forgotten.
3. Shopping in La Rochelle. The strong pound and Sephora is a dangerous combination.
4. Wondering around the fruit markets in the centre of La Rochelle.
5. Visiting the Medieval Romanesque church in Vouvant and the beautiful fortified village surrounding it.
Click here to cancel reply.